In Biblical Hebrew, there were approximately 7,000 words. Modern Hebrew has approximately 33,000 words.
Is Greek older than Hebrew?
The Greek language is the oldest language in Europe, spoken since 1450 years before Christ. … The Hebrew language is about 3000 years old.
Is Aramaic still spoken?
Aramaic is still spoken by scattered communities of Jews, Mandaeans and some Christians. Small groups of people still speak Aramaic in different parts of the Middle East. … Today, between 500,000 and 850,000 people speak Aramaic languages.
What is the middle word in the Bible?
The word Jehovah occurs 6,855 times. The middle book of the Old Testament is Proverbs. The middle chapter is Job XXIX.
Which is the longest book in Bible?
- There are 929 chapters in the Old Testament. …
- There are 260 chapters in the New Testament. …
- This gives a total of 1,189 chapters (on average, 18 per book).
- Psalm 117, the shortest chapter, is also the middle chapter of the Bible, being the 595th Chapter.
- Psalm 119 is the longest chapter of the Bible.
How many unique words are in the Old Testament?
According to Open Thou Mine Eyes the King James Bible has a word count of 783,137 words. However, another source, Bible Believers, states that the 1611 King James Bible has a word count of 788,280 words.
What language has most words?
|Language||Words in the Dictionary|